Reusable Produce Bags – SMALL
Ecobits Reusable Produce Bags are a great alternative to single-use plastic bags. Made from 100% recycled PET bottles. They are strong, durable and machine washable so you can reuse them over and over again.
Say ‘no’ to single-use plastic bags and use these lightweight mesh bags instead for your fruits and veggies or even for your bulk produce like beans, nuts, pasta, grains and so on. You will see how easy it is to make a huge impact on the environment by having these reusable produce bags and refusing to take any more single-use plastic produce bags.
- 4 bags per pack.
- Size: 20 x 20 cm, handy for small produce.
- Lightweight but strong and durable. Each bag can hold up to 1.5 kilos of produce.
- The mesh material allows your fruits and veggies to breathe so they stay fresh for longer as moisture evaporates easier than if you use single-use plastic bags. You won’t get sweaty tomatoes in these!
- You can even use the bags to rinse your fruits and veggies as water flows right through the mesh.
- See through mesh material, so it’s easy to identify what’s inside.
- Machine washable and quick drying material. It is strong and durable, however it’s a fine fabric so please use cold, gentle machine wash and line dry.
- Made from recycled post-consumer plastic, certified by the Global Recycled Standard. By choosing this product, less plastic gets to landfills and waterways so you are helping the environment.
- The bags are BPA free and food contact safe. They are tested and evaluated for toxicity and safety and comply with applicable quality and safety regulations.
- They have a long grey drawstring, so you can carry many of them at the same time.
- Excellent quality bags that will last many years. You will save hundreds (or thousands) of single-use plastic bags. Just don’t forget to use them!
- Each bag weighs just 6 grams.
- The bags are fully recyclable at the end of their life.
- Packaged in recycled craft paper.
- Please note: All Ecobits reusable produce bags are hand cut and sewn, from time to time sizes may vary slightly.
You can use our produce bags for many things.
- Carry, store and organise fruits, vegetables and bulk food
- Wash and strain fresh produce in the bags
- Cover your fruit bowl with a bag to keep fruit flies away
- Use as nut milk bag
- Use as laundry bag for delicate items
- Store small items like snacks or kids’ toys in them when travelling
- Use them for drying herbs
- Protect your fruit trees from insects and birds by placing a bag around the fruit (great for grapes, mangos, tomatoes etc.)
Our reusable produce bags are not virgin! They are made from 100% recycled post-consumer polyester, certified by the Global Recycled Standard. By using recycled materials we conserve petroleum-based resources and also reduce energy consumption by up to 75%.
Oil refining is a complex industrial process that turns crude oil into many different products, for example Polyethylene Terephthalate. Umm wait, poly…what?? Let’s just stick to its commonly used names: PET for hard plastics like water and soft drink bottles, or Polyester for synthetic fabrics, like your yoga pants. PET is the most widely recycled material in the world, as it’s recognised as a safe, non-toxic material that can be turned into many forms and products like food packaging, clothing, upholstery, padding, insulation and so on. Recycling PET saves precious resources and keeps the waste out of the environment. It is a highly valued and easily recyclable material, so remember to always recycle your plastic bottles if you end up having to buy any. However we encourage you to get a reusable water bottle and refill it, as there is already more than enough plastic around for generations to come.
RPET Production process:
Plastic bottles are collected, sorted and deep cleaned then chopped into small pieces. They are then ground, cleaned again, melted and reformulated into tiny flakes or chips. These chips are melted and extruded to form fibres which are then woven into a fabric, called RPET or recycled polyester.